My kids love helping in the kitchen. They love watching what goes on on the hob and they love sitting on the floor watching things bake in the oven. They are fascinated by everything that goes on in there so it makes sense to include them in the cooking and baking processes.
Benefits of cooking with kids
Cooking and baking are activities they have been involved in from a young age. There are so many benefits to having kids help out in the kitchen, here are a few;
- Fun, free rainy day activity.
- Quality time and bonding with your kids.
- Develops early independence of kitchen skills.
- Helps develop motor skills (gross and fine).
- Increases the chance they will eat something if they have seen how it’s been made.